The Blueprint for Plenty, Part 1: Consecrate Your Focus

 

The Blueprint for Plenty, Part 1: Consecrate Your Focus ðŸŒ…



Last time, we wrestled with the soul-shaking question, "Do you got money?" We realized that this question often acts as a lure, pulling our attention away from God's promise of abundance and toward Satan’s whisper of scarcity. The good news? We have a blueprint to move from scarcity to plenty, and it starts with the Law of Consecration—not just as an ancient ideal, but as a living, daily principle.

The question now isn't if God provides, but where we choose to look for that provision.

The First Covenant: The Tithe of Attention

To break the spell of scarcity, we must make our first covenant (or promise) with God: to Consecrate Your Focus.

We often think of tithing as just 10% of our money. But the deeper, more profound principle of the tithe is that we give God the first and best part of everything we have—including our attention, our thoughts, and our emotional energy. If you give the first 10% of your thoughts to worry, you've already paid a mental tithe to scarcity.

The fear of not having enough demands to be paid first. It’s a relentless, high-interest mental debt. It wants your mind the moment you wake up.

When the Bills Call Before the Blessings

Think about your morning ritual. Before your feet hit the floor, what is the first thought that rushes in?

  1. The Scarcity Thought: “I have that bill due today,” or “I don’t know how I’m going to make this work,” or “I can’t afford to go out this weekend.”
  2. The Plenty Thought: “Thank you for this day,” or “Thank you for the breath in my lungs,” or “I know I’m exactly where I need to be.”

When you wake up and your mind races immediately to the bills, the lack, or the stress, you are effectively declaring: Scarcity is my reality. You are consecrating your most valuable asset—your present moment—to worry.

A Practical Shift: Pay the Tithe of Joy First

Consecrating your focus is the active choice to give God the first fraction of your attention before you allow yourself to calculate lack. It is a declaration of trust that shoves scarcity aside.

Here is the simple, practical step to embody this covenant:

Whenever that whisper of "Do you got money?" or any wave of financial anxiety hits you, you must immediately interrupt the thought and replace it with a declaration of gratitude and trust.

  • When Scarcity Whispers: "You don't have enough for that."
  • The Covenant Responds: "I have plenty right now. I have a warm place to sleep. I have food on the table. God provides for me, and I will be provided for."

It is in this small, quiet moment that you either turn to God or turn to Satan (who, as we discussed, uses that financial fear to rule our thoughts). By turning to God, you actively claim the truth that you have plenty, and in doing so, you shut down the adversary’s influence on your peace.

This isn't about ignoring financial reality; it's about reversing the order of priority. You deal with the bills after you’ve secured your heart in the reality of God’s abundance.

The Power of Immediate Gratitude

The moment you choose gratitude first, you stop looking at your life through a magnifying glass that only highlights debt and deficits. Instead, you begin to see your life as the thriving Garden it truly is.

We know we have plenty when we turn to God himself. We prove that belief not with massive actions, but with the small, sacred commitment of our first thought.

This week, let’s commit to paying the Tithe of Attention every single morning. Let's redirect our focus from the problem to the Provider.

What is the very first blessing you will focus on tomorrow morning to pay your Tithe of Attention? Share your commitment in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nature of Money: Why the Question "Do You Got Money?" Is a Spiritual Litmus Test

The Blueprint for Plenty, Part 2: Consecrate Your Desire

The Debt Lie: Is Your Debt a Financial Problem or a Focus Problem? 💸